The 2nd Annual Conference of the Chinese Consortium of Universities for Global Health (CCUGH)
Advancing Health Sustainable Development Goals in China and Globally:
Working Together to Meet Challenges
October 14-15, Duke Kunshan University, Kunshan, Jiangsu, China
SUBMITTING YOUR ABSTRACT/PROPOSAL
The individual abstracts and session proposals can only be submitted via our online system in the following form. Here are the instructions for preparing your abstracts/proposals:
The organized session proposal needs to follow the requirements below:
• Sub-theme area
• The session organizer’s contact details
• Contributors’ details: the session chair/ moderator as well as a maximum of four/five named additional contributors, including name, title and institution
• A 400-word (maximum) summary of the session content, including: purpose/objective, technical content, target audience and significance for the selected thematic area
• A 200-word (maximum) summary of the planned session process, including: short description of any presentations or inputs, the moderation or management approach of the session, the role of contributors – both those named in the abstract and any others with planned roles, and a rough breakdown as to how the 90 minutes will be used
The individual abstract is required to submit the following information:
• Speaker contact details
• List of co-authors, If applicable
• An abstract of 300 words or less
• Name the file as “Sub-theme number-Last Name of the presenter-up to 5 words descriptive title”, for example, 5-Chen-hospital reform in China. Please remember to follow the rule, or you may risk rejection of your submission.
Abstract format: If your abstract describes primary or secondary cutting-edge research, you are encouraged to submit a structured abstract covering: background, methods, results and discussion/conclusions. Those submitting abstracts on conceptual research, are encouraged to include information on: Purpose, focus/content, significance for the sub-theme area dimension of relevance and target audience.
Individual abstracts may be accepted either for oral or poster presentation. Within the program, individual abstracts accepted for oral presentation will be grouped into sessions according to sub-themes.
Abstracts are accepted in English ONLY.
The call for both organized sessions and individual abstracts will open on 11:59 PM May 16, 2016 (China Standard Time).
The deadline for organized session proposals and abstracts is
11:59 PM July 15, 2016 11:59 PM July 31, 2016 (China Standard Time). Organizers/individuals will be notified whether their session has been accepted or rejected by Aug 31, 2016 (China Standard Time).
Organizers of the 2nd CCUGH Annual Conference hope to be able to provide travel support to some participants, in particular participants from low- and middle-income countries and full-time students (from countries of all income levels). Applications for travel support will be accepted only after the results of the organized session and individual abstract review process is complete (early September 2016). Applications will only be accepted from those who have had an individual abstract accepted (for poster and/or oral presentation) or who are named contributors within an accepted organized session that does not have external funding. You will be asked whether travel support is needed when submitting your abstract. The number of scholarships offered per organized session will be dependent on funding availability.
The deadline for submission has passed. Thank you for your interest!
Please find more information on conference registration, schedule and logistics.
The outcomes of submission review have been returned to your email. If you have not received the notice from us, please contact CCUGH secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org)