Recruitment– Research Assistant of Global Health Research Center at Duke Kunshan University
The Duke Kunshan University seeks to hire one full-time research assistant to work at an innovative Global Health Research Center (GHRC) established by Duke Kunshan University, China. Duke Kunshan University is a partnership of Duke University, Wuhan University and the Municipality of Kunshan, China. The Duke Kunshan campus is located 37 miles west of Shanghai in Kunshan, which is connected to Shanghai via a 15-minute high-speed train. In addition to a global health and other research centers, DKU offers several graduate degrees and undergraduate programs. For more info, visit http://www.dukekunshan.edu.cn.
The Duke Kunshan Global Health Research Center is an interdisciplinary program tied closely to health priorities and challenges in China and other countries, and currently focuses on four research areas: health policy and systems, global environmental health, emerging infectious diseases, and non-communicable chronic diseases (NCDs). For more information on GHRC, please see https://dukekunshan.edu.cn/en/research/global-health-research-center.
This position is located in 江苏昆山 Kunshan City, Jiangsu Province, China.
Lijing Yan, PhD, MPH
Aassociate Research Professor of Global Health, Duke Global Health Institute, Duke University, and Duke Kunshan University For more information
Jeffrey Moe, PhD
Professor of the Practice of Global Health, Duke Global Health Institute, Duke University
Adjunct Associate Professor, Duke Kunshan University For more information
Under the supervision of the senior faculty and independently (listed in descending order of time allocation and priority),
● Work on specific global health and China-based projects including literature review and report writing, research development, project management, fieldwork and quality control, data cleaning, management, and analyses, and drafting project reports, and other related tasks. For an example of a research project to work on, please click to download the Appendix –JMoe GHRC DKU 2017 China Health Literacy Project.
● Data analysis and statistical model building using STATA, SAS or other statistical software research projects;
● Provide assistance to other research work including but not limited to grant proposals, systematic literature review, manuscript writing and disseminating the results of the research in academic conferences or other venues;
● Contribute to capacity building (training and teaching) activities within and outside of the Global Health Research Center;
● Any other research-related tasks required by the team leader.
Candidates for the position should:
● Have strong interests and experiences in global health research;
● Have a Master’s Degree in epidemiology, preventive medicine, global health, biostatistics, or other related fields;
● Willing to travel as needed to field sites and conferences;
● Proficient and experienced in using MS Office, (preferred but not required) STATA or SAS;
● Hardworking, fast learner, team player, and attention to detail;
● Thrive working in a multidisciplinary environment; Excellent oral and written communication skills;
● Preferably with working experiences; entry-level graduates also accepted.
Terms and Compensation:
● Open to both Chinese and foreign citizens;
● Two-year contract, renewable for more years;
● Flexible starting date; Flexible work hours;
● Salary and full fringe benefits commensurate with candidate experiences and qualifications.
How to apply:
Review of applications will be on a rolling basis and continue until the position is filled. Please submit the following, with the subject line of “ Duke Kunshan GHRC RA application ” to Professor Yan ( email@example.com ) and DKUrecruitment@dukekunshan.edu.cn .
● a brief statement of research interests, qualifications, career plan, and motivations for applying for the position (one-page maximum)
● curriculum vitae (for foreign applicants, only English; for Chinese applicants, both English and Chinese CVs)
● names for three referees (references will be sought after the candidate passes the interview stage)